Welcome! Postpartum Doula care in now available in the Reno/Sparks/Tahoe/Truckee areas.
Postpartum Doula – A supportive adviser and helper, professionally trained to provide postpartum support to the mother and her family.
Many studies have been done to show the benefits from having a postpartum doula assist you after the birth of your child. Here are a few benefits:
- Provide night time care so you and your family can sleep
- Teach you and baby self soothing..
- Sleep train baby/babies
- Help you feel confident as a new parent.
- Organize a feeding/sleeping schedule for baby/babies
- Decrease maternal frustration, exhaustion, and apprehension immediately after bringing baby home
- Increased success with breastfeeding/bottle feeding
- Earlier parent and infant bonding
- Less anxiety for the entire family when partners return back to work
- Decreased or shorter bouts of postpartum depression(sometimes called ‘baby blues’)
- Greater understanding of newborn care and behaviors
- Faster healing from cesarean births.
- Easier transition and acceptance of siblings with the new addition
- Increased feeling of empowerment and confidence when caring and making daily decisions with your baby’s care
- Process your birth experience with you
- Set up breastfeeding and changing stations
- Assist with baby equipment ie. slings, baby wraps and pumps
- Answer questions!
- Emotional support.
- Do some of your household chores and organizing baby things.
- Shop for groceries
- Run errands or stay with the baby while you do some errands
- Wash and fold laundry
- Take care of pets
- Give Mom and Partner alone time-
- Provide area resources and/or referral